Monday, August 31, 2009

Letter to my Legs



Dear tired and fatigued legs,
I very much appreciate how well you held out for me on Saturday during our brutally tough workout. You both held up as well as you could and for that I'm ever so grateful. I have tried so hard to pamper you with a soak in the magical mystical waters of Barton Springs and even treated you to a separate ice bath on Sunday to help rid you of the leftover aches and pains. I understand that Sunday's three mile run was a test for you and please understand that I really did go as slow as possible for the shortest distance I could muster. Even this morning I cut the distance in half so as to try to further appease your aches and pains.

Please make the soreness go away before tomorrow's workout. I promise we're not doing any part of the tempo run. Really, I promise no speed. I would just like to get through the full mileage with my friends without any more aches and pains.

Warmest regards from your ever grateful owner,
Sadie

P.S. (I'll even try to stop calling you guys 'squatty' if you could please cut the soreness already.)

2 comments:

Sadie J said...

Oops forgot

Now playing - Keb Mo - Shave Yo' Legs

Lyrics Here - http://www.superlyrics.com/lyrics/kGRUkIMdWJ@H@I/Shave_Yo'_Legs_lyrics_by_Keb'_Mo'.html

MW said...

please send that letter to my legs too.
thanks!