Monday, August 10, 2009

Chit Chat

Hey...how are you? Oh, my weekend was good. Did you have a good weekend? What else did you have going on?

I DID find some cute things at Anthropologie. I know, I love that store, too. They have the prettiest clothes. I got a lightweight wrap sweater in mustard yellow that is going to be great when fall comes (like in November, I know, but I'm crossing my fingers). There was also this really cute embroidered shirt that I got. It's cream with red stitching and sort of looks like one of those shirts from Mexico. The dress that I found was the best, though. I was just in a conversation in the last week or so about how great the color purple is. Love purple! The dress is the best shade of deep purple with these delicate open decorative panels at the top and bottom, floral decorations and a little purple slip with lace trim at the bottom. It looks really cute on.


Mmmhmmm...I did try out The Coffee Bean on Lamar. I was impressed with the menu. They seemed to offer a good selection of coffee and especially tea. I like that they have 'create-your-own' yogurt parfaits and oatmeal, even steel cut oatmeal as an option. Yeah, you should try it. I would wait until it gets cooler, though, because their wasn't much indoor seating. The place is really small. Yeah, I guess you could get your coffee to go and it would be good and all, but don't expect to sit around and lounge there until the weather changes and it is comfortable enough to sit on the patio. Even still, you'll have to listen to the traffic at Lamar and 38th.

No, I didn't stay long to read my book. I was lucky to get a chair at a table to eat my yogurt parfait and drink my tea, but my butt was uncomfortable on the hard chair after a while as I tried to get into my book. Ugh, you should have seen how many people were there waiting for their coffee. I went to Epoch on North Loop instead of hanging around at The Coffee Bean on a hard chair with people's butts by my drink waiting at the counter. Epoch? Yeah, we do run by that place all the time. I had been in there for a mid-run pit stop, and a couple of times to get some to-go coffee, so I knew there was plenty of space. Even still, the parking lot was full on a Sunday and there were hoards of folks on the patio braving the heat.

Oh man, it was so crowded at Epoch. I was lucky, though. There were several cushy chairs open inside, so I was able to sip my iced tea and bottled water for a few hours while I got into my book. It was great. Uh huh, yeah the new book is pretty good. I got about 100 pages in at Epoch, and then got to 150 later in the evening. So far there has been mystery, murder, betrayal, and a love interest that seems never-to-be.

Yeah, this summer has flown by so fast. I can't believe September is around the corner. What else do you have going on this week? I've got running and work and an outing on Thursday. Friday night we've got no plans because we have one of our monster long runs on Saturday. Yikes, I'm so hoping to run well and not bonk. Yeah, I'm feeling pretty healthy. My hamstring did really well last week and I made it through just shy of 60 miles for the weekly total. I know, it sounds like a lot, but it isn't the 70-80 that I wanted to be at this time of the summer. Eh! Whaddya gonna do?

Okay, I gotta go, too. Alright. Have a good one! Talk soon!

3 comments:

The MOB said...

CUTE dress! I see why you like that store...

MW said...

you're a weirdo, but I'm jealous i didn't think of this concept before you.
purple... and then there were 3.
just wait till Nedra and Erin find out.

Unknown said...

Love the dress.

I finish my internship this week and have two outings...no runs, though;-)