Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sadie Time

I'm taking some 'Sadie time' today. Usually Chad and I spend the entire weekend together other than our long run time on Saturday mornings or if Chad has to work on Saturdays. I would like to spend some time doing things that he wouldn't necessarily like to do, so I have decided to take some 'me time'. Here's what I have on my plate for today -
  • shopping - will likely go to Anthropologie and Barton Creek Mall. I plan to spend time in the dressing rooms instead of just window shopping and browsing around. Yay! I may not buy anything, but then again if I find the right thing at the right price, I just might.
  • coffee - will likely visit The Coffee Bean today that has just opened up on Lamar. I'll likely spend some time drinking coffee or tea and reading today. I've got to sleep later, so it better be decaf. Anyone been yet?
  • reading - our house doesn't really have a good spot to curl up and read. I could sit in the living room and read, but the TV would likely be on. If I read on the bed, I'll fall asleep. I finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society yesterday, and have our newest book club selection, The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon ready to start. I'd like to get a big chunk read today so that I can get hooked in. I haven't read The Shadow of the Wind (Zafon's previous novel), but everyone I know who has read it, plus some unsolicited recommendations at the bookstore, says that they loved it and are looking forward to this new book. Love, murder, obsession...let the game begin - It's a good enough hook for me.

2 comments:

erin said...

have fun!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day to me.

I used to go to The Coffee Bean in CA. I loved it! You'll have to report what the one is like here.