Monday, August 31, 2009

34 days and counting

Thirty-four days. That is it. Here we are at the end of August and we only have one more month to get through plus a few days until race day. Just September. That is it. I can't wait!

Some things I will be thinking about over the next 34 days -
  • Only two more 20+ miles left to run this season.
  • Resting is a priority
  • Everyday nutrition is a priority
  • Hydration is a priority
  • I rehearse in my mind what it will be like the 3 days before I race. Travel times, items to pack, checking in hotel, sleeping comfortably, creating a tentative schedule in advance, reviewing the course, visualizing the race, visualizing myself rested and ready.

I am feeling more confident that I can run 3:20 in Portland. I will continue to make that my goal. At this point, anything under 3:30 is a great thing, especially under 3:25 but my fitness indicates that I can run faster than that in Portland.

This whole season I have been the 'slowest' person to declare that 3:20 is my goal. I feel like I'm always behind the others, trying to keep up. After Saturday's Soul Buster however, I'm confident that my goal is realistic and attainable...I just need to put it all together with a decent race day.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

You may be the slowest person to declare 3:20, but you are by far the smartest. And I wouldnt say you are slow. ... I'd just say you have been running smart.

Unknown said...

Oooh, I can't wait to track you;-)
Great thought list!

my word is potti...it made me giggle.