Monday, August 03, 2009

Blog Lust and Jealousy

Aww man. I don't get really jealous about things. (That is a lie.) There are different levels of jealousy and lust, and mostly I just get insignificant waves of jealousy over another woman's clothes or lust after my husband's dessert choice instead of mine. (can't help but be jealous of most of my lady runner friends' legs - okay, okay, I'm even jealous of some of my guy runner friends legs as well - seriously unfair the squat legged genes I inherited - and yes, Chad knows who I think has nice legs besides him - ah! I digress)

But the real things I am jealous of in life have to do with natural talent and artistic ability. My latest item of jealousy - people who can write. Thanks to Erin H. for passing amalah.com to me. It is definitely a mom/life blog, but the woman can write a good blog post (the one I linked to today is a perfect example). Even if you don't know her, you get her point of view and laugh with her because of her writing talent.

Jealous of people who use their brains that way. My over-analytical, math-science dork brain strives to let its inner artist out every once in awhile.

1 comment:

erin said...

Glad you like it! I know, I'm not a mommy, but damn is she funny!

Didn't see your post till just now, we can talk more on Thursday. :)