Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday Runs

Oh how I love Wednesdays. The team workouts on T/Th/Sa are great, but I think Wednesday runs just might be my favorite of all. Tara and I have a pretty regular schedule of meeting at 5:30 to run 4-5 miles together, usually from her house because she has to be at work crazy early. She is one of very few people that I will get up early for on a regular basis.

Aside from the good girl time that we have chatting about what is going on in our lives, it gets both of us extra mileage, and is early enough that I can still have a leisurely morning before my workday starts. Sometimes I run a few extra miles after Tara has to go in and shower for work so that I can get in my required total for the day, but other times 4-5 miles is just about right.

I have had two separate conversations about running in that area with Nedra and Keith (who both live close by). Apparently that area is popular with some of the team as they spot each other and a few other teammates from time to time. Tara and I don't usually see other people other than two other ladies who are often in the Hyde Park area.

Where do we run, you ask? We typically do one of a few routes from her house on 40th. Sometimes we go in the Shoal Creek, Hancock, Bull Creek direction. Sometimes we go Lamar, 38th, Hyde Park area. Sometimes we go Bull Creek, Jefferson, Harris, 29th street areas. Today we went Rosedale, 49th, Triangle, Hyde Park area and managed to get 46 minutes. I did another 30 minutes up Sinclair and Shoal Creek to get a total of 8 miles in for the day (woohoo).

Ah, Wednesday. I love you Wednesday. You are my fifth day of running in a row. You are the hump that I am so glad to get over to see the slide to the end of the week. You bring good conversation and a leisurely morning. Now it is time to work. Sigh. See you next week.

No comments: