Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh yeah..other details about today's Soul Buster

Similar to last week's theme, I had a new song stuck in my head today for the entire run. Renee got to hear me sing it out loud while we were cruising through the Westlake hills.

Now Playing - Little Boxes by Malvina Reynolds (the theme to the show Weeds).

Chad and I have seen every episode of season one and a few episodes of season two, all in the last couple of weeks. We like the show, but watching the episodes back to back certainly did me wrong by getting the song permanently implanted in my brain.

Other details about the run...it was hot. Not during the first 20 miles, where we had shade and a breeze, but during the final six miles on the track and the long walk back to Barton Springs. Really, being one of the slower-paced runners in our group, means that I ran almost all of our six miles in the full sun with no shade. The folks who were able to get there 30-45 minutes ahead of us had it a little easier...I think Sisson would agree.

I ran in my sports bra after 20 miles because of the heat. I hate running in a sports bra and showing my belly, especially when I have a full sweat going and my shorts are also clinging to my butt and thighs and riding up into my crotch. It is really weird to run past people who are standing still and cheering for you...they watch you running and see your form and how your body moves when you run. I was a bit self-conscious about being so exposed, but decided I didn't really care.

4 comments:

Keith said...

I love this song. The best theme song possible for that show.

kirsten said...

Don't be self conscience. I can't stand having fabric touch my belly so always just wear a sports bra. Anyone running who was looking obviously wasn't running fast enough and anyone watching and looking has been in your place and I'm sure didn't care.

MW said...

News: they stop using that song as the theme song season 3 and 4 and that made/makes me very sad.
I sing that song ALL THE TIME while running! Especially when I run hard hills on trails or a challenging stretch!!

Remind me to play you another song I have from that show on my phone next time we meet up.

Great job out there!

The MOB said...

I lke the WORDS to that song but I would hate having that VOICE stuck in my head....