Monday, August 03, 2009

Uprising - New MUSE single



The new single from Muse, 'Uprising', from their upcoming album, The Resistance, is getting its first worldwide plays today and tomorrow, so of course it has been leaked on YouTube. We'll see how long the video above stays up.

I really don't know what I think about it, yet. People are saying Blondie, Goldfrapp, Marilyn Manson, football chants ('hey'), and I hear all of that in the new song. With Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations being such awesome albums to listen to beginning to end, I wonder how 'Uprising' will fit in with the rest of the album. Muse is very much one of those bands that releases a great album sound rather than focusing on individual songs, so hopefully the new song makes sense with the rest of the album's sound.

I'm not sold yet on MUSE's evolving sound. In the meantime, I will try to ignore my inner 80s child that wants to belt out 'Call Me' every time I hear this song. It's a bit distracting. That, and the rebellious teenager in me that wants to chant "the beautiful people, the beautiful people" as a background voice.

No comments: