Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Physical Stress = ?

What does your body do when you are physically stressed out? When you are run down? When you are tired? When you have run far? When you are out in the sun a little too long? When you are exposed to the elements for longer than you want to be?

Most people get tired. They get sore. They get a little bit sunburned (or fried). They need sleep, lots of water, and generally rebound in a day or so.

That is me, too, except my body likes to also break out in cold sores. Lovely. Luckily I haven't gotten them on my lips in a long time. I typically get them on the inside of my nose, where at least I can suffer the pain without anyone else seeing them. Not this time. Not in my nose. I have them on my chin. It looks like I have bad bad acne. I thought I was breaking out, but alas it is not a pimple or two. I have cold sores in my skin. It sucks. I've gotten them in my skin before. Sigh.

I know how to get rid of them, but I wish I had realized they were cold sores two days ago. Now they are hot, itchy and all of that icky pain that, if you get cold sores, you know how miserable can be to go through. If I had realized a couple of days ago what they were, I would have attacked them with the Lysine that normally works wonders. Now I'm two days behind and suffering.

I guess I know I gave it my all last week running. My body shows that I did.

Please don't stare. I hate them.

4 comments:

Texas Transplant said...

Me too! I usually only get them in my nose when I have an actual cold. Most of the time I get them on my mouth. They don't seem to make me as emotional when they are in my nose.

Sadie J said...

I'd much prefer the misery of them in my nose than anywhere visible on my face, though in the skin is much better than on the lips. At least the stigma of cold sores on the lips isn't there as much when it looks like acne on your face.

I once had a patch an inch-and-a-half wide and an inch the other direction on my left jaw line...awful!

Texas Transplant said...

My dr. in Austin sorted me out with a Valtrax prescription. I highly recommend one if you don't have it! Gets rid of them fast!

Daryl & Diana said...

So sorry, Sadie.