Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Where am I?

Several issues with me need a status update -

  • Endocrinologist update - I had my 1 year follow up appointment today. Throughout the summer of 2008 I spent time doing lab tests and doing research on hypothyroidism as well as other hormone problems related to fertility and reproductive cycles. I got a second opinion with Dr. Bledsoe and was relieved to hear a professional validate the concerns I was having with real explanations and a diagnosis. I have been taking Synthroid for my hypothyroidism since last year and after increasing the dose to 75 mcg every day, I feel like I have stabilized at a happy place. Dr. Bledsoe confirmed that my TSH level is 'perfect' (1.18) and I know that is much better now that I'm in the 'normal' range. I feel a difference. Today, she kept me on the same level of medication and thinks everything looks good. I also mentioned that we are trying to conceive starting very soon, and she gave me some guidelines for if/when I might need to come back to see her to assist with fertility hormones and such if we end up not being able to conceive on our own within 6-12 months. I also got approval to not be on Parlodel since I had technically stopped taking it 6-8 months ago. Dr.Bledsoe noted that the issues for medication have been resolved for the time being and I don't need to worry about going back on it unless I start having cycle issues again. Yay!
  • Training update - My toe pain has been minimized for now. I actually took a day off (shocker!) yesterday and after the icing, the overall pain is now down to a '4' from a '7'. I am excited about our taper...otherwise, the rest of my body is cooperating and I'm looking forward to racing on October 4. Bring it!
  • Reading update - I have been a reading machine. My last several books have been The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Angel's Game, Twilight, March, The Art of Racing in the Rain, and New Moon. All read since August 8. Our new book club book was chosen last night and I'm looking forward to it. The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible As Literally As Possible.
  • what else am I not thinking of? special requests? anything else need-to-know?

2 comments:

Daryl & Diana said...

How did you like the vampire books? Are they worth the hooplah?

Sadie J said...

Diana, they are entertaining...not the best books out there for young adults, but worth it to read. You'll blaze through them. Easy read, enough mystery to be fun, good love story, somewhat predictable. I'm only starting book 3, so maybe that will change, but people tend to say that 3 and 4 are actually better than the first two.