Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hump Day! Fall?

Hurray for Wednesday! This morning Tara and I met for our routine Wednesday morning run and were met with cool weather and a gorgeous moon. I wish I had taken a picture of it...just a little sliver hung low in the sky, bright enough to see the rest of the gray moon, but just barely a crescent. We ran four miles together and then I finished off three more by myself. During the last three miles, I was running down Sunshine near the Triangle area, and it must have been the smell of the air with the damp ground with the low temperature and humidity level just so, because it sure felt like Fall. I guess we technically have a handful of days until it is official, but if no calendars or clocks existed, today would be the morning that in my mind the season has begun. The air has definitely changed.

1 comment:

MW said...

what's the last line?

i saw the moon too, it was cool. perfect SLR opp! It was right above downtown, from BS, with jupiter or saturn next to it.

i saw morning due on the grass by the BS trail head and it signaled times they are a changin'!