Monday, September 28, 2009

Voodoo, Schmoodoo - Beer, Schmeer

A bunch of folks on the team are excited about Voodoo Doughnuts being right next to the hotel. Blah, I shouldn't be eating them...they are not gluten-free. Same thing with all of the brew pub excitement...I don't drink beer anymore. Eh, I'm not going to be eating doughnuts, pasta, or drinking beer this weekend, so I'm having a hard time getting excited about some of the group stuff. Yeah, it will be fun to celebrate, but beyond the celebration, I'll be looking for other things to drink at those brew pubs.

I plan to seek out some great Oregon wine, some delicious fresh fish, and to indulge in the otherwise veg-friendly, gluten-free offerings at many of the local Portland restaurants. With all of the vegetarians and vegans that live there, it seems that restaurants in Portland are used to people with special dietary needs. I've never had more fun reading the online blogs and restaurant guides for any other city.

So back to the Voodoo Doughnut thing...I'm not excited about that. I'm excited about New Cascadia Traditional Bakery and so glad we have a car on Saturday so that I can get some goodies to eat the rest of the weekend. Yay!

4 comments:

MW said...

I emailed them:

Hi,
Just wonder if you offer any Gluten-Free goodness?
We'll be coming to eat many this weekend, but a friend is Gluten intolerant.
Let me know!
Thanks!
Mike

Mark said...

I'll trade you my spousal-knitting-yarn shopping for your Voodoo and beerdoo? Talk about not getting excited ;-)

MW said...

oh Mark, I'm telling on you.

Unknown said...

Ya know Oregon has some fantastic Pinot Noirs;-)