Friday, September 11, 2009

Something to Look Forward to...

A real rain run. Last night Tara and I were treated to a little bit of the wet stuff running around the deserted trail. A little bit of spitting, sprinkling, barely enough to classify it as a run in the rain. I did wear a hat to keep the drops out of my eyes, but Tara and I were both hoping for a run in 'real rain'. I came prepared with extra towels and a rain jacket, but we didn't need either.

The forecast for the rest of the afternoon? 100% chance of the wet stuff. It has been raining at my house since noon, the nice steady light to moderate downpour kind of rain. Shall it continue until tomorrow's run start time? I really hope so! With the drought that we have been under, it is such a relief to have so much of this good rain. We finally get to practice the 'what if it rains in Portland?' scenario that has been lacking this entire summer. What if it does rain in Portland? Now at least we might know how heavy our shoes are going to feel, how much our socks really are 'wicking', and if we really do need a hat or sleeves or whatever. If we could only have 50 degrees and mist, then it might be the best morning ever...but I'm not going to complain one bit.

Thank you thank you thank you Mother Nature!

This is the view from the office window, and though you probably can't tell, all of the gray sky and stuff that looks like mist in the trees is our nice steady downpour.

No comments: