Monday, July 06, 2009

This sucks

As some of you know, I didn't make my mileage last week. Why? Because my freaking hamstring completely seized up on Saturday. I attribute it to the lawnmowing that I did on Friday morning. I pushed our (non-self-propelled) lawnmower up our large sloping lawn over and over and think that is the cause of the hamstring strain. I got about 15 miles into my run on Saturday before it 'charlie horsed' and had to stop immediately.

I iced, elevated, then rested on Saturday. It feels okay walking around (thank goodness). However, this morning when I went out to run, I couldn't get past the second driveway without feeling pain in my hamstring. GRRRRRRRRRRRR! I don't want to join the hurt hamstring club! WAAAAHHHH!!! Sucks Sucks Sucks Sucks Sucks Sucks!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping to get in to see Lisa. I'm going to keep doing all of the things that you are supposed to do with a hamstring injury, including the strengthening exercises that are supposed to help heal after 72 hours. For those of you who think that I'm probably going to keep running this week on it, get real. If I can't make it past two driveways today, I'm not going to be doing a lot of running this week. Hopefully I can find something else to do while it heals.

At least this is a down week for me anyway. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

MW said...

Originally wasn't going to comment as I know you know I read this...
but then... a bour 5 mins later I thought... Wait a second... why is Sadie mowing the yard when Chad should be handling all yardwork. (not that it means you handle all inside stuff, it just means he should be doing all outdoor stuff)
I realize I'm throwing Chad under the bus here, but oh well, it is what it is.

you don't need any more advice, but when I finally decided to roll (lazy) on my foam roller, the recovery has been/felt exponentially faster!

Sadie J said...

I mowed the lawn for several reasons...
a) I'm good at it.
b) It was something that I could do to help Chad out on his birthday.
c) Chad was having to work on his birthday while I had the day off and I knew we were going to be out of town the whole weekend so he wouldn't get a chance to do it.

I also edged the lawn and air-blowed the driveway. Yes, I'm a rock star wife :)

Unknown said...

You are totally a Rock Star Wife!!!

dr mel said...

Sorry to hear this, Sadie! Do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

StephW said...

Wow, I ususally just sit in bikini and sun bathe while Tim's mows.

Mark said...

Grrr...