Monday, July 13, 2009

The Comeback

I have permission from the doctor and am encouraged to run what I normally run this week. I'm supposed to run the same distances that I would normally run, paying attention to good stretching afterwards, ice therapy regularly, and extra foam rolling. Next Monday I go back for another Airrosti treatment, but it is likely that I won't have to go for a third (woohoo). This sort of treatment works fast, and it appears that my body is responding well to massage and the manipulation of the fascia. It does hurt, but he said that I have good pain tolerance...yeeeaaahhh! I always thought I was a little wimpy on the massage table, but I guess not :).

So, I'll be making my comeback to normal mileage after the measly 8 mile week that I had last week. Here's the plan -

Monday - 4 miles with Katie (yay!) - done, and I'm not doing any more this afternoon
Tuesday - not with the Team - 7-8 miles on own in late morning
Wednesday - 5-8 miles
Thursday - 7-10 miles with the Team(possibly trying to do one of the stretches of HMGP that the group is doing)
Friday - off
Saturday - 14-16 miles
Sunday - 4 miles

That totals 41-50 miles, then if I'm still feeling good, I have set myself up for a good 70 mile week the next week, finishing with 'Race Prep 1' long run (soul buster? soul buster lite?). Yay! Running, I've missed you dearly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay, for your comeback!

Yay, for running together this am!