Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bastille Day Breakfast

Happy Bastille Day everyone! Ever since our honeymoon in France, I've had a craving for French pastries for breakfast. Our typical honeymoon morning involved a visit to the local boulangerie/patisserie for some pastries and juice. So, with the intention of re-living honeymoon mornings here at home, I asked for Williams Sonoma Croissants as one of the items on my Christmas list. I know the price looks excessive, but considering the individual cost of 15 croissants in France and the benefit of getting to cook a few at a time, filling your whole house with the buttery scent of fresh pastry and getting to enjoy them hot...really the price is close to fair. (They say to bake them within three months, but since they have been in the freezer wrapped very well, they still come out delicious!)


Today I'm putting up with the side effects of eating wheat for eating French food in celebration of Bastille Day. Here are the croissants we enjoyed for breakfast Bonne Maman strawberry preserves, sliced bananas, eggs and orange juice. I also made some tea using loose leaf tea from The Steeping Room and the drop-in hat tea infuser, which I rarely use these days because I have been purchasing my favorite tea in bags. Today's tea was divine. There are four croissants remaining in the kitchen. If you are going to be in the neighborhood after 8:45am, drop in and they are yours (though if you have my email or phone number, let me know you are coming first :))

3 comments:

Keith said...

Oh, how I wish I could be in your neighborhood today. Looks delicious.

The MOB said...

Ooh la la!

MW said...

Why didn't you celebrate on the weekend so you could sit and read a news paper with a cafe au lait for 3 hours, instead of rushing Chad out the door with one in his mouth and 1 in his pocket and a McCafe stop on the way?!
Ah, yes, I know why!?.... more for you, less for him!

enjoy "le tour sans radio au jourd'hui!"