Thursday, July 30, 2009

Canon EOS Rebel Xt - New toy to try!

After announcing my interest in getting a better camera sometime later this year, Mike volunteered to share his Canon EOS Digital Rebel with me to let me practice using a better camera than my point-and-shoot. The Rebel is a Digital SLR, which is what I'm 'supposed' to get, no matter what price point I go with, so I'm ever so thankful to have a camera to try out for a while.

I have had it for less than 24 hours and I've been shooting up a storm, literally and figuratively. I definitely am going to have to spend some time with the Rebel, getting used to the settings (both auto and manual). There is something to be said for having a camera that you are used to and know the features of. I know it has only been a day with the fancy camera, but I am sure appreciative of how lovely my point-and-shoot Sony is as well. I have had my Sony for several years and use it regularly at all of the different settings (not just auto-program), so until I get used to using the settings on the Rebel, I'm probably not going to see much difference. Here are some examples of what I have shot lately with each camera (click to enlarge on any of them to see a full size version). I'm putting the rest of my favorites on Flickr.

Sony Cybershot DSC W-55

Can you believe Miko let me get so close? I'm literally a couple of inches away from her face with the camera and she doesn't budge. I have about fifteen shots up close and personal with her.


Canon EOS Digital Rebel



Look how cute my hubby is on the floor watching Deadliest Catch :)

No comments: