Saturday, July 11, 2009

And I ran...

Three miles to be exact. Met Tara at the rock at 7am and we had a nice leisurely run around the 3-mile loop. It was completely pain free for me, though I could feel the bruised part of my leg skin from the massage bouncing up and down. I cannot tell you how glad I am that I can run three miles without pain. After the trail, we went to Deep Eddy and aquajogged for 30 minutes just to continue the blood flow to the legs. Aquajogging is weird and very easy, but if it helps me get blood to my muscle without having to go to the gym or risk re-injuring with more land running, I'll gladly do it. It was also great to get the missed talk time with Tara in the pool.

Seen and heard at Deep Eddy -
Lots of aggressive swimmers positioning themselves for good lanes.
Lifeguard training
Artists (5-6) set up and painting
A particular older swimmer scolding his lane partner and unpolitely schooling her on 'passing etiquitte'
A lady doing the backstroke with her glasses on
Friendly lifeguards

So, the plan for me to get back running? Tara and I are going to run again tomorrow...hopefully trying four miles and doing more aqua jogging. Monday, I will run easy 3-4 in the morning, go for my airrosti treatment, and likely finish the day with more aquajogging. If I can continue to run pain free through Wednesday, I'm hoping to run seven miles Thursday (with the group, but not with any steadystate speed as the workout is planned) and hopefully back to 14 on Saturday. All of it is pending the pain-free running and what the doctor says after my treatment Monday. I plan to continue the aquajogging as a supplement to any miles on the road I am able to do.


5 comments:

MW said...

This deserves a big WOO, and an even bigger HOO!, but still remaining cautious and not belting it out at fill vocal strength!

What color is the magical tape. Another thing you can do is put on a magical bandaid where it hurts!
Never underestimate the power of the magical bandaid!
; )

Sadie J said...

I won't get magic tape until Monday, but I'll definitely post a pic of it because it will be super hawt!

Kevin said...

If Mike won't scream it, I will: WOOOOO-HOOOO.

Cant wait to see the tape pics!!

Unknown said...

Let me know if you want/need SLOW company on Monday...I'm happy to join you;-)

Kate said...

Oh, no! Hurt? I hope you have a speedy recovery! If you're looking for aquajogging company, let me know!