Thursday, July 16, 2009

Feelin' Good Again

All of the running this week has been great so far. I finally made it back to the group workout this morning and got to try running a bit faster for a couple of miles. I was trying to run somewhere around 7:30 pace, but it has been several months since I've had to think about pace. The rest of the group was doing a four mile warmup with 2 x 2 miles at half marathon goal pace followed by cooldown if needed, but I just did a six mile warmup, 1 x 2 miles at hmgp, and 1.5 miles cooldown.

My two hmgp miles were 7:05 and 7:26. I felt really good on the 7:05 mile (though while I was running, I swear it said 7:07) and freaked out that it was so fast. The second mile was much more relaxed, but still fast. The hamstring feels good and this week's blue tape was taken off after the run (72 hours after my appoinment was suggested as a good time to leave it on).

I was all smiles at the end :)

No comments: