Thursday, July 09, 2009

Massage report

Icing - check
Stretching - check
Walking instead of running - check
Pre-Lisa Chad hammie massage - check

Today was my Lisa massage - check! - Here's what we found: I surprised her. She expected to find one type of issue, but my hamstring was all crazy and different than it was supposed to be. I had lots of adhesions and sticky spots that she had to work out before finding the 'main culprit' spot. She kept saying how strange it was. The massage was painful, but honestly not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

The current plan is to use the elliptical machine tomorrow morning to give the massage time to set in and let the muscle stay in its post-massage happy place. The elliptical is going to give the hamstring a chance to be active in the right alignment and get blood flowing into the muscle without over stressing it. If all goes peachy on the elliptical, I'm allowed to try to run on the treadmill.

Tomorrow I have my appointment with TX Sports and Family medicine where it has been suggested that I might be given the 'magic tape' kinesio tape treatment, which would be fine with me. There will be pictures shared if I get it. I've had kinesio tape on my hip/pelvis when I had SI issues a couple of years ago and I definitely think it helped things stay supported, kept things in line, and made me more aware of my positioning of my pelvis. Whatever...they can do anything as long as it gets me running again.

Lisa seems to thing that I should be able to run easy by Monday. I'm crossing my fingers that she is correct.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Great news. I have a feeling you'll bounce back fast from this.

MW said...

cautiously YAHOO'ing over here.

Please don't get Blue tape. Blue tape is reserved for Kamran.

Say hi to Chassay! (if that's whom you're seeing)