Thursday, July 02, 2009

Maxxing out

This is the highest mileage week in my build. I'm feeling tired physically, but otherwise okay. I got a 30 minute flush massage today just to clean out the muscles and to identify any problems that might be creeping up with muscles and joints, and I got rave reviews from Lisa. Everything was great...completely pain free IT bands, quads, hamstrings, shins...minimal soreness in calf muscles and glutes (much less than normal for me). I must be doing something right.

So here is where I am -
In the past 7 days I have run 75 miles (Fri-Thurs)
Tomorrow (Sat-Fri) will be 79 miles in 7 days
Saturday (Sun-Sat) will be 82 miles in 7 days
At this point, the body really feels the maxxing out mileage, but doesn't feel like it has been pounded too badly. I finally got a new pair of shoes yesterday, so my feet and lower legs are much happier.

I'm excited about maxxing out and about resting next week (56 miles planned). Normally, we are supposed to do two weeks at max mileage, but I'm doing my own thing. My body says not to do another high week, so I'm going to listen. At some point soon, I plan to get into a rotation of 80-80-56 for my weekly mileage throughout the season. If it turns into 70-70-50 because my body can't handle the load, so be it. I'm looking forward to synching with coach's plan until Portland.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A fine tuned machine! Love to hear that all is going well with you.
I enjoy seeing you, even if ever-so-briefly, on the Rogue weekend runs. Happy 4th to you and that wonderful hubby of yours!
Crabby

Keith said...

Awesome work Sadie. You've really been putting in the effort and it shows.

Just checking, but you did have a day off somewhere in there during the last week right?

MW said...

what what?
30 min flush massages?

Sadie J said...

Keith - Yes, I took Sunday completely off and it was heavenly. Slept late and everything. :)

Mike - Yes, I get 30 minutes every now and again when I don't have any issues and just need a flush. It feels marvelous.