Saturday, July 25, 2009

At Long Last, Real Confirmation - not Pregnant

This is a post for the ladies. Guys, if you read further, you are subjecting yourself to TMI and girly talk.

So, after Wednesday's Post, I was pretty sure that I could state strongly that I was not pregnant, but still left asking some questions - What if my temp goes up again? What if the spotting stops again? What if my nausea continues?
  • My spotting did stop for a day and no true bleeding was happening. Really...that is just not nice.
  • My temp barely decreased at first - 97.7 Wed, 97.6 Thurs, then 97.1 Friday and 97.0 today. I'm used to being in the 96.7-96.4 range at the start of a new cycle.
  • After Thursday's high temp and the lack of a period, I took the second pregnancy test in the morning...of course it would say negative.
  • The nausea has continued all the way until today. Every single day I felt like I wanted to hurl multiple times a day. Can a girl get a break?
At some point, the mind gets frustrated and upset waiting for the body to send the right signals. I was trying to get the heat, straight down the center (agh, a horribly inappropriate 'that's what she said', especially considering the subject matter, sorry), and my body kept throwing me curve balls. Sneaking in some sports talk in case there is still a make reader with us ladies at this point.

Finally today I get some relief from the confusion. I find it totally ironic that relief comes in the form of painful abdominal cramping, bleeding, and hormone hot flashes. And just to be clear, this isn't relief from being pregnant...I have stated before that it would be wonderful if I was pregnant. I'm talking about relief from having to continue to endure all of this...confusion and surprise of a late period, high bbt and nausea, the failed hopes and possibilities when all of the tests say no, the continuing miscues of a body that still washes waves of nausea and waves of spotting just light enough to tease me into keeping the hope. Finally, real bleeding. Finally. Six days late.

A woman's body truly is a magical thing, but sometimes I wish it were nicer to us. What I have been through this past week is nothing compared to what other women go through all the time with their own bodies. So, a big hug to all of you ladies who are reading this. Love your beautiful body, even when it does you wrong. If there is still a man reading this, please hug your favorite woman (or favorite women) sometime very soon and make sure she knows how lovely and special she is to you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry, you had to go through all of that. Glad there is relief albeit in an odd kinda way.

Daryl & Diana said...

I'm sure you've already thought of this and know this, but... if you had been pregnant and were now experiencing a miscarriage, your pregnancy tests would have come back positive, even after the pregnancy failed. I just say this, because I would wonder about it, and this info would give me comfort and peace of mind.

The MOB said...

31 years ago when I was pregnant my test came back negative...but my body told me "YOU ARE NOT ALONE". It was many weeks later before nausea set in and tests came back positive.