Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thirty down, Forty to go

I've been updating my Facebook status this week to reflect how many miles I have left to run this week. It seems to keep me sufficiently motivated. Putting the number out there for all of my friends to see is a bit daunting, so I'm really trying to ignore the fatigue in my legs so that I can meet my goal.

Ike had me worried until this morning. It was looking like the 24 miler on Saturday morning would be run in 35-50 mph winds with rain (not sure I was going to do that). Sunday morning didn't look to be much better with thunderstorms and 25 mph winds. I had 10 miles scheduled for Sunday. I seriously contemplated doing one or both runs on a treadmill and was dreading having to make that choice.

Sorry to all the Houston folks, but I'm sure glad that Ike is headed further east. Our rain chances have dropped both days and the windspeed is now down about 10mph. I am hoping the numbers continue drop. What would be perfect is if we could have 10-15 mph winds on Saturday morning with lots of cloud cover and no rain. Then, at about noon we can have 2-3 inches of rain over the rest of the day (not enough to cause flooding, but enough to soak some lawns). On Sunday, it would be nice to have a light sprinkle in the morning (so that Mike can have a rain run), but not enough to cause too much mud on the trail. Anytime after noon it can open up and rain another 2-3 inches so that I can take a nap and watch movies all day. I know I probably won't get my wish.

As a preemptive strike against Ike, Tara and I met up this morning to get in a quick 3 miler. This saves us from having to do 10 on Sunday in case of inclement weather. Now we only have to do 7. Woohoo! Tonight is our 9 mile workout with downhill repeats. I'm looking forward to it, but I hope my legs hold out. I am now on day 8 in a row of running without a rest day...by the end of the night it will be 83.1 miles in 8 consecutive days with a hilly 20 miler and 3 quality workouts. Ouch!

1 comment:

t-bell said...

I was only 10 minutes late to work!!! Yeah!