Friday, September 26, 2008

Race Prep 304 - Race Website Exploration

Of course when we select a marathon, we peruse the race website to get the essential details of the race. When, where, course description, see pictures, etc. As it gets closer to the race, it is essential that you take some time to revisit the race website and remind yourself of the most important details. A lot of these details are typically found in some sort of 'runners guide' that is provided by the marathon. I also like to spend some time browsing the website.


Questions I found answers to -
Where do I load the bus on race morning? - here - At Worthen Park - near the corner of 300 South, 400 east is where we've loaded in the past.
What time do the buses load? 4:00-5:30am - I plan to load between 5:00 and 5:15.
What is the start line going to look like? - here - This is in Central, Utah on Hwy 18. There will be bonfires, a ton of portopotties and a bag drop area.
What time does the race start? 6:45 (ouch!)
How are the water stops distributed? - 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 25, and the finish
Will there be some sort of gel/gu given out on the course? - Yes, Clif Bars and Clif Shots will be at 7, 11, and 18 (I only remember there being mini clif bars at mile 7 when I ran it, but it is probably because I don't take Clif Shots.)
On the way into town, where does the course turn? - Left onto Diagonal, right onto 300 West, left onto Tabernacle, right onto Main street (there is a traffic circle here, if I remember correctly), left onto 300 South to the finish line.
What does the finish area look like? - here - I remember the misters and getting my medal. I also remember the post-race food kind of turned my stomach. There were slices of bread with tubs of butter to smear on them, ice cream treats from Blue Bunny, and probably some other food that wasn't vegetarian so I don't remember it at all. The massage area is great - get your massage ticket as soon as you get there.
Where do I pick up my bib on Friday? - At the Dixie Center.
When is the expo open? 9am-9pm on Friday

No comments: