Monday, September 29, 2008

Race Prep 214a - Preliminary Race Gear Prep and Packing

Course 214a is a prerequisite for Course 214b - Final Race Weekend Packing and should not be taken concurrently to avoid stress.

Race week is here! Start preparing your race day items! Prepare your overall trip clothing today by ensuring that all of your clothing is clean. Check your closet, do laundry, and either take out your luggage, or set aside a space in your home to start accumulating your weekend gear. Assemble all of the parts of your race outfit that you can already set aside. Have a plan for any item that you need to pack at the last minute. Decide if you need to make a list of last minute items.
  • These are things that I'll set out today as my official race outfit..shoes, socks, shorts, sports bra, top, chip, hat in case of rain, gloves, throwaway shirt.
  • I'll also set out items for me to take to the start to stay warm and comfortable - fleece top, warm bottoms, wind breaker, ear warmers, hand warmers (I may need to go to Academy), towel for the ground.
  • Other necessities for race morning...GUs, Aquaphor, Ibuprofen (need to buy more), Luna Bar, my favorite tea bags.

If there are other items for the weekend that I can start preparing, I'm going to start setting them aside today. I'll probably make sure my camera batteries are charged, that my camelbak is clean (for post-marathon activities), and that all of my other clothes are clean.

Don't worry, I'm not going to really 'pack' everything. I'm just going to start gathering items so that there are not any last minute surprises.

No comments: