Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What would Meredith say?

I have got to lose some weight to be able to run fast again. Last night was yet another breaking point where I hopped on the scale and freaked out because the number was higher than I wanted it to be. The cause of the weight gain is because my lifestyle is much more sedentary than I am used to, even though it has been over a year since I started working from home. Also, I am consuming more calories absentmindedly throughout the day.

So, what is different about this weight freak-out versus the ones in the recent past? I have a little plan...I have my weight goal charted so that I can keep track of the pounds lost and the date that I dropped the pounds. I am going to write down everything I eat and drink to be more mindful of what I am putting in my body. I am including my weight in my training log so that I can correlate it to the amount of exercise that I am getting. I am scheduling in time throughout my day to 'move more'. I will be doing various exercises throughout the workday to help burn some extra calories.

Nutrition wise, I am somewhat back on Meredith's plan for me. I have reviewed what she did for me last year, mostly because I know it works. I will be mindful of the balance of carbs/protein/fat at each meal and snack, and make sure that my calories count. No absentminded eating for me.

1 comment:

dr mel said...

Need a partner in this?