Thursday, April 03, 2008

Paris - Honeymoon Days 6 and 7

Click on the pictures to link to the albums.


By day six, Chad and I felt like we had already seen most of what we wanted to see. At this point everything was bonus. We started off the day at the Trocadero Metro stop and made our way to the River Cruise boats beneath the Eiffel Tower area. Our river cruise was relaxing, but we probably would have enjoyed it a little better had we done it on one of our first days. We had already seen most of what was involved in the tour.




For me, the highlight of the day was dinner...I absolutely melted in tears at dinner. I don't know how to explain it, but I was just completely happy. I was overwhelmed. I think I have a small inkling of how I am going to feel at the sight of my first child...if it is even close to the joy that I felt on that night, I am in for such a treat. Ask Chad how moved I was.



On day seven we took one of the RER trains to Versailles. We enjoyed it, but I was expecting more. Perhaps it would be better in warmer weather when we could enjoy the outdoor part of it. I enjoyed seeing everything inside...the audio tour was about the limit of what I could take, though there would be at least one more audio tour on our trip yet to come.

When we got back to Paris, we went to get our big souvenir...a watercolor painting from the Montmartre area. Yeah, I think a lot of people do that, but we have our first piece of art now as a couple. For our last dinner in Paris, we went back to our spot on Ile Saint-Louis that we enjoyed so much for lunch early in the week. We got the table at the window and had a lovely evening.

No comments: