Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Random thoughts for today

  • I think I like my new heart rate monitor. It is taking a while to get used to the features on my watch, but I am learning. Being able to report my average heartrate for each run is something cool to add to my training log.
  • Working from home is much harder on your body than you would expect. I think I am much lazier than when I was teaching, and I know that I eat all day. I have got to consciously change some of my habits if I am going to get back in perfect running condition.
  • Our cat Miko is such a good kitty. She is a constant companion all day long, and she purrs really well (though not as well as Felicia).
  • I have to go to the doctor on Thursday, and I am nervous about the outcome. I don't really want to blog about the details, but please keep me in your thoughts. Don't worry, it is a minor issue compared with what other health problems people are having.
  • One thing that I am not looking forward to about running this summer is having a runners tan. Also, I am much more careful about sun exposure than I have been in the past, so it's not like I'm gonna go out and tan darker in my bathing suit anymore to get rid of the running lines.
  • I was debating donating my hair again (I did Locks of Love a few years ago), but I don't think I have it in me to let it go another inch just to have it cut super short again. I think it is very selfish of me to think I might donate and then decide not to, especially because the recipients of the hair would love to be able to have their own hair at any length. I have got to let go of the selfish guilt. Donating hair once is more than most people do...I don't have to do it again just because I am close to the donation length.
  • I found out today that there is a lady that works for my company internationally who has a name that is really close to mine (my new name, that is). I won't write it here because I try to keep my work life and personal life separate, and because at least one person from my work might be reading this blog. Anyways, her name is like my first name with an 'a' instead of the 'e', pronounced like 'Nadia' Jones. Pretty cool. Our emails are going to get mixed up all the time now, so I sent her an email letting her know who I am today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Random thought...I called your work phone and the message said Sadie Barrs. I luaghed...who is that? I was calling Sadie Jones!