Monday, April 07, 2008

Progress on To-Do List and Goals

Last week, I posted some to-do items for the first week of being a wife...Here is what I did...

1. Edit pictures and upload to Picasa website (Check...They are all edited and uploaded. I have not finished the captions for days 8-10, so I have not made them public.)

2. Print pictures at Wolf/Ritz Camera and create photo albums. (Almost check...I have printed them, but I need to pick them up and start on the albums)

3. Write thank you notes for all wedding gifts and move boxes out of living room. (Check...Thank you notes have been written. I need to finish addressing them and put them in the mail. All boxes are out of the living room.)

4. Clean house top to bottom. (Not really a check, but close...I cleaned the sink/counters/mirror/toilet bowl/shower in bathroom, washed the bathroom rugs, vacuumed all other rugs and hard floors, and worked on removing a lot of the clutter on counters...Not a top to bottom cleaning, but it looks a hell of a lot better than a week ago.)

5. Officially change name with Social Security and proceed in changing it on all other documents. (Check...Done, with Social Security, DPS, and Time Warner Cable.)

6. relax and enjoy being a wife (Check...I would say that I definitely did this week. Slept in on Saturday morning and still ran. I cooked several times this week and felt very successful. I used the word 'husband' several times just because I could. you know...wifey stuff.)

Update on running goals...I put it out there on Friday that I wanted to run 4 times this week with at least one run over 4 miles. Check to part 2 and on my way to overall goal...I ran 6.5 on Saturday and 4.25 yesterday.

I was able to also do some bonus items this week...
- exchanged digital cable box for HD box. Chad and I are now in High Definition!
- took the girly cats to the vet for their yearly shots on Tuesday...Felicia needed dental work on Thursday, so I have also been vet tech, administering antibiotics and pain drugs.
- Helped clean and paint some of Chad's condo on Saturday.
- Went out to fancy dinner to celebrate Chad's step-dad, Jim's 61st birthday. We went to Zoot.
- did more man-laundry
- oh, and I worked, too.

2 comments:

MW said...

"Chad and I are now in High Definition!" Best of luck watching any other channels but those 20(or so). I know I can't watch then anymore!
ooo!! New The Office episode this week! Here's something interesting to do. DVR both HD and non-HD feeds, and then compare the extra realestate you get, and the characters you never used to see, by rewinding one during commercials (or live). It's like you weren't getting the full show before.

dr mel said...

Wow. That made me tired just imagining doing all that. Good for you, Mrs. Sadie Jones. :)