Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Until I remember

Until I remember what I had originally wanted to blog about today, I'll share some things that happened or that I thought about yesterday...

Felicia (Chad's beautiful pewter-colored kitty) discovered a new spot to lay on yesterday. She basically likes to lay on our bed all day, separate from the other two cats with me in the office. Yesterday, I caught her sitting on our blue recliner two separate times. She also has begun to explore the windowsills. She has a spot in the dining area where she will lay for hours basking in the sun.

I was in a funk yesterday. I didn't want to do anything. I didn't want to work. I didn't want to clean. I didn't want to run errands. I didn't want to run. I did, however want to snack all day, so I tried hard to stick to my nutrition plan. Ultimately, I was within my calorie limits all day, but I was so grumpy trying to resist all of my cravings.

I haven't left the house since Sunday at about 6:00pm. Not one step outside. I was in my pjs and unshowered, and since I didn't feel like doing anything about either of those two issues, I was too embarrased to be seen outdoors in the middle of the day in my condition. The blinds have been open, so I have enjoyed the sunlight, but I think today it will feel good to be outdoors. Thankfully, I did shower this morning and put on some fresh clothes.

Headline: 'Vegan cooks cow!' I prepared filet of beef last night for my hubby. He is a carnivore, so I don't feel like I need to deprive him of the food that he likes to eat, just because I don't eat meat. Generally our kitchen is very veg friendly...The only animal products that are in our fridge/pantry are a couple of chicken breasts, a frozen fish filet, parmesan cheese, a small container of eggs, and maybe a little bit of dairy milk. These are all to support my husband's diet. I don't blame him for not wanting strictly veggies and soy products every day. Also, we got the filet for free...we used the Central Market coupon for $10 off, so it's not like we actually paid for it.

Anyhow, he reported that the filet was good. I prepared it according to a method I found on Food Network.com (seared on both sides, then finished in a hot oven). Next time, I will cook it a few minutes longer in the oven, because it was a little bit pinker than Chad typically enjoys. However, I did seek Chad's approval of the cooking time after I took it out to check it. He thought it looked okay and told me not to put it back in the oven.

No comments: