Monday, April 28, 2008

Did you have a good weekend?

I did...

Friday night - went to dinner at South Congress Cafe, where I can get a salad that is Meredith-friendly and delicious. Also got to have a lovely glass of wine.

Saturday - woke up really early and registered for the Texas Round-up 10k. I ran 4 warm-up miles on my own to be sure that I got in all of my mileage, then headed to the start line. There were lots of running friends running this race, so it was great to see everyone. My race plan was not to 'race', but to treat it as a hard workout. I can't believe I'm so freaking slow! I honestly went as steady as I could without my heartrate spiking too much over 180. Basically, that puts me at a 9:17 pace. I've got a lot of training in front of me to run a marathon at 8:00 pace.

After the race, Chad and I cleaned up and went to Wahoo's Fish Taco for lunch and headed to his house to do some cleaning. We are busy preparing his house to put on the market. I was feeling pretty lousy, so I had to take a nap on the couch. Can I tell you that it is hard to diet and run long in the same day. I think my body needed more fuel at that point.

Later in the evening, we headed back south and met my dad and Rose for dinner at CM Cafe and got in our grocery shopping errand over with. I love shopping for produce at Central Market.

Sunday - We woke up to the sound of rolling thunder and were excited that we could sleep a few more hours rather than getting up to go run. When we finally got up at 9:00, we enjoyed a leisurely morning at the house and a late run around 11:00. Because of all of the rain, there were lots of puddles on the trail to run around, but one stretch between South First and Congress proved to be a problem...It was a mud pit. I stepped carefully through 90% of the path, but there was a point where I had no choice but to step in soft ground. Of course, my shoe sunk down to the laces into the mud! Gotta love a good mud-caked shoe less than a mile into your run. Oh well!

We worked on the house some more on Sunday and really saw some progress being made. Afterwards, a drive through a couple of neighborhoods that we like left us both motivated to get the rest of the work finished soon. We prepared dinner at home last night - Rosemary bread/homemade pesto paninis with sweet potato fries. So yummy!

No comments: