Thursday, February 12, 2009

Things I'm doing to get out of the funk...

  • I took a 'bereavement day' today to help get my head on straight. My company allows five days, but I think I'll just start with one.
  • Admitting to grieving and what exactly I'm grieving about since I wasn't close to my grandma...I've talked with a few people about my grief, and it is easier now that I have put it into words. If you are one of the people that I have told, thank you for opening your ears and heart to me.
  • Spending time today getting de-cluttered...doing laundry, cleaning house, went to dry cleaners, got haircut, bought my special face cleanser, etc. Every task that gets completed is making me feel better.
  • I took a hot bath this morning after workout. I forgot how much I love a good soak.
  • This afternoon, I'm going to continue the above activities and possibly finish my book. I have about 20 pages left of Three Cups of Tea. It has been great.

3 comments:

erin said...

Good for you. (And good to run into you this am! Briefly! It was funny because "King without a Crown" was on my ipod when I saw you!)

Julia said...

Sending ----> smile :)

Daryl & Diana said...

Praying for you.