Sunday, February 15, 2009

Specifics - edited


Yesterday, when I posted this, I was really tired. I made a couple of errors that I felt like I needed to report, so I refreshed the picture with the correct data.

You can click on the image if you want to see the details. Here are the highlights - I negative split by 4:02 instead of 9 minutes like I first reported (first time ever). I was ahead of pace from the beginning, but I really did try to go slow. I walked through a few water stops, one of which was supposed to be during my 'steady state' time. I was choking. The hills at the end were brutal as expected, so I'm glad that I accidentally went faster at the beginning.
My mantras the last few miles were - 'They're all suffering way more than me'...'Just keep running'...'Run as fast as you can, even if it is slow'...'Look like you are feeling fresh to the crowd...just pretend if you have to'...'Don't worry about your time cushion until the last mile...keep running fast'. All of them kept me entertained.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the BEST Austin Marathon ever for you! Great race!