Monday, February 02, 2009

Our F-ing Scale

That's how I feel about it. It is the worst scale known to man. It is electronic and supposed to measure your body mass and such. We've had it since last May or so.

The f-ing scale has been giving erratic measurements...so much so that I've scared myself with the amount of weight gained/lost during runs. I've been blogging about the 'swelling' that has been going on in my body. Well, some of the swelling is not in my head, but it is likely not as much as I think it is because of our f-ing scale.

Case in point - Last Monday morning my weight was 143. Last night my weight was 150. Thirty minutes ago my weight was 141. I call bullshit on our f-ing scale. We're going to get one with an actual needle. Grrr....

3 comments:

kirsten said...

I have the same problems with mine. One minute 149 next 142...WTF?

JohnF said...

It is not unusual for mine to show a loss of 6 or 7 pounds after a really long run. Maybe I should check that against a traditional scale.

StephW said...

The is why I don't use them. With my luck I would get a broken one and have a heart attack from what I see.

P.S. Thanks for the route this morning. We only got lost a couple of times.