Thursday, February 26, 2009

NW cupcakes!

I decided to scope out the little run down strip mall that is near my
'hood at Spicewood Springs and 183. Rumor had it that there was a
little coffee place that was supposed to be pretty decent. Turns out
that the coffee place is also a 'cupcakery' called cupprimo. Here's a
shot of my red velvet treat. It made a lovely midmorning snack and is
bigger and tastier than most other cupcakes that I have had in
Austin. Yum. Coffee was just okay, but I'm sure to go back for
cupcakes or a frappé and support a local business.

3 comments:

MW said...

I've had their cupcakes.
they were not bad, but a teenie bit dry, and lacked a certain je ne sais quoi.

If you ask me, Polkadots is much much better. Just more refined, confectinary high end cupcake!

Then again, I'm probably biased since they love me over there.

but i'm always happy to see a cupcake!

JohnF said...

Good to know about this place. Been looking for a good coffee shop in the area that wasn't Starbucks. One of the best Chinese restaurants is hidden in the back of the Asian grocery store that is in that shopping center.

meredith said...

So funny, I accidentally clicked on your blog from Mikes, don't ask, and had the lovely surprise of seeing your post. Funny thing was that I was getting gas at that Valero this morning and saw that place. I was totally wondering what the cupcakes were like, so thanks for posting!

I will check your blog out on purpose next time for this kind of treat :)
meredith