Tuesday, February 03, 2009

flip-in' out!

We are proud new owners of a Flip Ultra video recorder. It was the Woot product of the day last Thursday...$80 or so (regularly $120-150). I've seen people with them and was curious about them due to their small size (about the size of a pack of slim cigarettes) and ease of use (plugs in directly to the usb port on the front of my computer.)

I received my package at 12:35, got my first videos recorded by 12:42, plugged the Flip in the computer, upgraded the software, edited my videos, created two movies, downloaded them directly to You Tube, and am now able to post about it. Very fast and easy. Good thing it is my self-imposed lunch hour. (YouTube was currently processing these at the time I posted them. If they aren't loaded up, yet, give it a few seconds.)

**note - on my computer, the videos look much better in terms of picture and sound quality. I think YouTube must somehow influence how you see the video.



1 comment:

kirsten said...

Cool - I wonder how it does for action shots other than the cat running down the stairs or things in less quality light. That looks like something I would like to have.