Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The part I hate...

I've got to refocus on my nutrition. Part of my 'experiment' of running on Team Rogue is to be the best I can be fitness-wise. It is not going to help me train if I have an extra 10 pounds on my body. The best 2 races of my life have been where my weight was at 137. I'm at 143-145 right now. That is not going to cut it, even though I know that I look and feel leaner than I did two months ago.

I've got my nutrition journal started this morning and it has already helped me with a couple of food decisions. I'll try to report back in a week or so about how it is all going. I'm afraid of bonking...the last time I lost weight, I was not diligent about fueling up before an 18 miler and I bonked really hard.

No worries about me doing this the 'right way'. I know what foods are good for me and are good for runners. It's just a matter of choosing them over foods that I like better and that are 'easy' foods.

Steve also requested that I start keeping track of my resting heart rate each morning. It tracks overall fitness and recovery...I should be able to tell when my body is fit and when I might be getting sick or having trouble recovering. I have always had a low resting heart rate, so it has not surprised me that the last 2 mornings have been 47 and 43 respectively. Hell, even right now sitting at the computer it is 48 and I have had a large cup of coffee this morning and ran 4.5 miles less than an hour ago.

2 comments:

StephW said...

I have had the same problem. There is a fine line between eating too much and not enough. I think I have finally found my balance and actually eat more than I used to and have dropped some weight. :)

kirsten said...

I have finally decided that a little too much is better than not enough. Of course I do I have trouble with avoiding food that doesn't help me a whole lot but I have made a huge effort to eat a varied, nutritious diet at home, trying foods I might not have otherwise. I battle the fine line a lot and it takes a lot of mental energy to do so that I could better use. You are looking great Sadie!!