Wednesday, February 11, 2009

In a funk

I don't think the funk that I am in is grieving. Many of the symptoms of my funk started a while back and I'm finding it hard to get in the swing of things. I feel like I need rescuing (granted these are all minor) -

  • I am a slob. The house is a disaster. Apparently the only thing I'm capable of doing is the laundry, and even that has been iffy these days. I need help putting things in the right place.
  • I am slacking on personal hygiene. Please remind me to brush my teeth and take a shower on the mornings I don't run. It is now 3pm and I have not done either of those items today.
  • I haven't cooked real food for our family in a while. I don't want to. It creates dishes that need to be cleaned and takes too long.
  • I am exhausted and need lots of sleep, but I feel guilty for sleeping when there is so much to do.
  • I don't drink enough liquid during the day. Seriously, I probably only consume 24 ounces of water a day in liquid form.

I think it is running. It is making me tired and lazy. I love running, but I need a swift kick in the butt to continue living life as if I weren't running as much as I am.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you're in a funk. Don't forget you work from home too. That's not an easy life. Get some rest.

kristenbaucher said...

i totally feel you! a lot of times it seems like i'm spending all of my energy and discipline on running and the other areas of my life just get left behind. hang in there!

MW said...

did you just write all this up after secretly observing me?
Except the very first one (my house is clean) but laundry is long overdue, I am the person you described above these days.

Bri said...

Beware... This sounds like signs of overtraining.

kirsten said...

Hmmm - my house isn't the neatest either but I try and squeeze a tiny bit of clean up here and there when I can. I do the laundry once a week - same day every week so I plan around that. I cook everyday except on Tuesdays - I can out cook Rachel Ray in 30 min anyday and my meals are a mix of vegetarian and meat based and healthy. I try and make extras so I have food for work and other days out of one 30 min cooking session. I also don't run near as much as you and if I did, well I'd be in a coma. However, I can fit in 3 rides on my horse a week and my barn chores 4 days a week. For me there is a choice - run, sleep, work, eat (questioning whether there would be time for a shower) or a little less running and sort of a life! Cut the miles back for a week - get caught up and get going again!

Julia said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto... but the only thing I am going to chastise you on is feeling guilty about sleeping. You GOTTA sleep!!!! You are running ALOT, you are running WELL, and you need (deserve) your sleep. It is winter...you are supposed to have a dirty house, etc. That is why there is spring cleaning (sometime in June...) Take care of you!