Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Back to the Motherland...(well sort of)

I'm leaving town on Friday to go back east to South Carolina. I was born there and many of my extended family live in SC, GA, or NC. My Dad and Rose are making the trip with Miss Lily by car on Thursday and Friday, but I have opted to fly to Atlanta and rent a car to get to North Augusta. I'll be back Monday night.

The reason for the trip is that my grandmother is in failing health, and it is important for me to make the visit to see her. Since my Dad is going this weekend, I thought it best to go the same weekend as him. The bonus is that I'll get to see some of my extended family that I have not seen in about 10 years (or even longer in some cases).

I will be getting in my runs while I am there. There are apparently some nice running paths and trails in Augusta, and I've already been in contact about a group that runs on Saturday mornings for long runs. I'll try to take some pictures of it all.

1 comment:

dr mel said...

Have a good trip, Sadie. I'm glad you will be able to see your grandma, as well as your other family members.