Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Popcorn and IZZE

This is really TMI, but I would like to share this snippet of my day. I had intended to meet Tara this morning at 5:15 to run together. We haven't run together in so long. However, my night's sleep wasn't so good and I bailed on the run (lame, I know, but I have a good excuse). After texting at 4:30 am to tell Tara I wasn't going to make it, I felt like I needed to send her an email to better explain why I missed. This is my excuse and explanation for a poor night's sleep...

I’m sorry that I bailed this morning. I hope you enjoy my reason for missing…If the email monitors at your company read this they’re sure to snicker about it.

I tried to go to bed at 9:30, got into a hard sleep, and then was woken up by Chad at 11:00 when he came to bed. As soon as I tried to go back to sleep, I farted really loud and (as part of my compulsive nature) yelled out ‘I farted!’, and Chad replied immediately ‘Oh, really?’ which sent us into uncontrollable laughter. Well, at that point I was really wide awake and realized I had gas, so I tried to calmly go back to bed. I just can’t stand to fart in front of anyone and I knew that every time I would start to relax, it would result in a really loud fart (which would wake me up, not Chad). No luck…I farted again at 11:20 and had to get out of bed.

To break the fart cycle, I went to sleep on the couch and half-slept until 2am. The couch cushion was digging into my hip and the blanket/pillow combination wasn’t working for me. At least I had stopped farting, though, so I went back to the bedroom to go to sleep at 2:00. I woke up at 3:30 and had to pee really badly, so that’s another trip up on my feet to fully wake me up. Then, I was up at 4, then 4:10, then 4:20, which is close to the time when I texted you.

Once I got back into bed I was able to sleep until 7:15, so I’m glad that I decided to bail. I still need I might need a nap today, though.

Don’t ever eat popcorn as an afternoon snack then wash it down with a carbonated beverage. You might not get the best night of sleep. Lesson learned
.


TMI? I think so, but please learn from my mistake...no popcorn/IZZE combination snack unless you don't care about tooting in front of your partner.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Outstanding! I'm glad you shared it made me laugh!

StephW said...

Wow, Sadie.. You just took our friendship to whole new level. Thanks for sharing. :)