Tuesday, August 26, 2008

They are paying attention...

My friend Diana suggested to me a while back that I might like using Google Analytics to see data about who is visiting my webpage. It tracks all kinds of things like what cities/countries people are visiting from, the keywords used in search engines that lead to my page (which are hilarious), and other sorts of fun data.

Normally, my blog gets 35-55 visitors on a given weekday (25-45 unique visitors). There was an anomaly in the data this week with 104 visitors (84 of them unique). So, I did some research into where all of the new hits were coming from. What the heck did I blog about that created so much attention...certainly not kitties and shopping!

According to Google Analytics, 46 visitors came from the Network Location 'amazon.com inc'. I also checked out these 46 hits and found that 19 of them came from Ashburn, Virginia, 13 from Bedford Park, Illinois, 6 from Washington, D.C., 4 from Madison, Wisconsin, and 4 from San Francisco, California.

Is it because I mentioned amazon.com in a negative light when I blogged about finally receiving my shipment of Eat Drink and Be Vegan? I'd bet so. They are paying attention...

No comments: