Saturday, August 30, 2008

Aquanet

The best things about the start of football season are seeing the new additions to the stadium, the new and improved videos for the jumbotron, pyrotechnics before and after the game, flaming batons being twirled, and the return of 'Aquanet' to distract me from the game. You see, there is this one particular Longhorn fan who may or may not sit close to us at the football games. He doesn't know me. He doesn't know I have a nickname for him.

Yes, the nickname 'Aquanet' refers to the hairspray from the eighties. I think it would be hard to find anyone these days who uses old-school aerosol hairspray on their hair, much less a man. I am sharing with all of you one of the most fascinating haircuts/hairstyles that I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

I have stared at his hair for years. Really...I noticed his hair years ago, amazed at how solid and 'helmet-like' it is. I couldn't figure out exactly what made it stay in its rounded form in the 100 degree heat of a Longhorn football game until I realized his styling secret...Aquanet. It is a solid block, or should I say 'web', of heavily misted blonde helmet head. What you can't see from the picture below is how there are small 'bubbles' of conglomerated hairspray on every single strand of hair. Every single strand. This hairstyle does not budge, even in a 30 mph wind, even in the rain (both of which I have witnessed over the years).

The distraction factor of this hairstyle has contributed to many entertaining conversations amongst the people I know who have witnessed it at the game. Mostly, it is a poor haircut. The fact that it is always covered in hairspray is an entirely different issue.

I'm tickled that this year Aquanet is sporting a mushroom head.

3 comments:

erin said...

hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Ouch...

Anonymous said...

That is definitely a mushroom head!!