Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Personal

Chad and I were talking in the truck on the way to workout yesterday, and he made a comment about my blogging. The gist of it was that I put personal information out there about my medical issues. The comments were not made to criticize me at all, but as a basic statement about how much people are willing to share. That got me thinking about how much I'm actually sharing about myself on here.

I'm willing to share enough information so that this blog reflects who I am. I hope that I am able to exercise some restraint in the ways that I share details, and I certainly hope that I don't share everything on this blog. I can think of several topics that won't be discussed here.

The best part of this blogging thing is how we get to peek into each others lives. We get to experience the ups and downs of each other's day-to-day. If someone wants to keep their blog strictly about running...fine. If someone wants to add in funny bits...even better. If someone uses their blog as an outlet to be creative, to entertain us with pictures, to shock us...I'm all for it. I'm thankful that I have this blog as an outlet to share my days with friends and family. I'm thankful to those of you who read my blog (known readers and you lurkers out there) and for those of you who blog for the rest of us to read.

Happy Hump Day! camel, speed hump, middle of the back seat...

3 comments:

t-bell said...

I wouldn't get thru my day with out your blog...

erin said...

i have these thoughts all the time. i choose to write! :) however, there is one post that i just haven't brought myself to say "publish"

Anonymous said...

A journal (blog) is not just for others but for our inner self that wants to reflect. Some people think and meditate to reflect..some people journal but keep it to themselves...some are bold enough to journal and share with the world. No matter who you are it is good to verbalize and hear or see your thoughts. Once spoken out loud (or written in a blog)the inner self will evaluate..as will others. If we verbalize our hopes, fears, or just our daily ponderings we are able to process them ourselves AND get the support/input that we want from others.