Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Assorted Flavors

Here's a mix of what has been going on (the assorted flavor variety)...

I'm addicted to the Olympics. If you check out Chad's blog, he's got some musings about the Olympics so far. We've been cracking ourselves up at some of the re-hashing of the personal interest pieces that they keep showing about the swimmers...

  • Did you know that Dara Torres is 41 and is a mom?
  • Did you know that Dara Torres is old enough to be Michael Phelps' mom and that he called her 'mom' to be funny?
  • Did you know that Katie Hoff is the 'female Michael Phelps' of this Olympics?
  • Did you know that at the Athens games, Katie Hoff 'collapsed' on the deck of the pool and has since returned as a more motivated and mature swimmer who is ready to handle the pressures of the Olympics?
  • Did you know that Michael Phelps was raised by a single mom?
  • Did you know that Michael Phelps has a jam-packed Olympic schedule and that all he does is eat, sleep, and swim (oh, and throw in a few medal ceremonies and some press appearances)?

It has become a joke to us to bring up these oh-so-obvious facts while we are watching.

The Olympics has been keeping me up past my bedtime. I like to be in bed by 10-10:30, but these days it has turned into 11, 11:30, and finally 12:00 last night. I've got to break the addiction.

Running has been going well. I've had two 50+ mile weeks in a row and am enjoying the longer miles. I've continued to chafe in all the wrong places.

Our house is a disaster. I can't keep up with the chores. We seriously need a magic cleaning fairy to come in and put everything in the right place and clean for us. That, or I need to make a trip to Goodwill. I'm really ready to start looking for a new house. Someone please buy Chad's house!

I'm completely in love with our cat Miko. She has been stealing Chad's socks again, and it makes us giggle when we turn the corner to the kitchen and find a brown sock on her favorite rug. She also has been snuggling with me in the bed after Chad leaves for work. Miko is definitely not a snuggler, and you'll rarely find her on the bed. Recently, she's come up and crashed on the bed while I get the last few minutes of precious sleep in the morning. Miko has also been vocalizing a lot more lately. She's been calling out like a little wolf, howling by herself in the hallway each morning. I think it is related to the sock-stealing, because I have witnessed the 'call of the wild' followed by her trotting into the living room with a sock in her mouth. Absolutely precious baby girl.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What about the commentary for gymnastics...they are so critical I have to laugh.

i agree the lack of sleep is gonna get me pretty soon.

Anonymous said...

..and Michael Phelps was a TOTAL ADHA kiddo ...his Mom has some pretty rough parent conferences even though she was a teacher herself(now a principal).

Shorey said...

My cat, Lucy, howls like that. And it's usually her shiny blue fuzzy ball toy that she's got in her mouth. She used to steal my socks before I bought the ball, and I would find 3-4 pairs of white socks rolled up in her bed, like they were her kittens (she's a white cat). Too funny!