Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hump Day already?

I can't believe that I haven't had the urge to post since last week. Not much has been going on here in the Jones house. I did a 14 mile run on Saturday, but didn't feel like running much on Sunday. I co-hosted a bridal shower for Mel on Saturday afternoon, and the combination of running, party planning, and watching the Olympics completely wiped me out. Chad and I slept until 9:30 on Sunday, had a leisurely lunch at my Dad's house with family (where I also snuck in a quick nap on the sofa), then returned home to take another nap in the afternoon. We had dinner plans, so I let the running go for an extra day of rest. Clearly my body needed it with all of the sleep it was begging for.

Speaking of dinner...Three years ago, Chad took me on our first date to Moonshine on August 17. Each year since we've returned to Moonshine to enjoy the memories of that night. Sunday night proved to be another good year at Moonshine, and I look forward to many more to come. It's not an anniversary that we feel like we have to celebrate, but it is so fun looking forward to that dinner. :)

Tara is out of town, so I have been missing her company during the past few runs. I actually took my iPod on our long run just in case I was bored running by myself. On Monday, I ran with my cousin Amy, who is training for the Longhorn 1/2 IM in October. We had a good time running the 7 mile loop. Tuesday night I suffered through a Mac workout on the 'caboose'. I was all by myself at the back of the train as we ran a big downhill workout. I love me some downhill, so it wasn't so bad to be last!

2 comments:

Ken said...

Did you say Chad got you drunk on moonshine your first date?

Anonymous said...

Happy Moonshine Anniversary!