Thursday, August 07, 2008

Anyone else running the Margarita Run tonight?

I'm running the Margarita run tonight. Are you? I normally don't like running 5ks, but coach Mac said we could run the Margarita run tonight or run a 5000 time trial on the track on Tuesday. That's an easy one. I'd much rather run a 5k on the road with hundreds of other runners pushing me on than run 12 1/2 loops of misery around a track.

Goals anyone? I'm hoping to come close to my super slow PR of 24:08. If I don't, it will be because of the heat, not because I'm not fit enough. I'd like as low of a 23:xx time as I can get, if possible.

Why is it that my PR for a 5k is 7:47 pace, when my PR for a half-marathon is 1:43:37, a 7:54 pace? Hell, even my PR for a marathon is an 8:17 pace. It seems like I should be able to go faster in a 5k...we'll see tonight.

No comments: