Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sleeping, Shopping, Eating, Shopping

Saturday was a low key day. I didn't have to get up early for a long run because I was running with Tara on Sunday. I got up with Chad at 6:15 and had some oatmeal, then promptly returned to the bed to catch a few more zzzzs. At 9:00, Chad called to check on me and woke me up.

So, an easy 7 on the trail turned into a hotter run than I intended, but it was sure nice to sleep in! When I got home, I completely busted our two girl kitties being friendly to each other. Chad and I have witnessed them playing with each other, but never have they both chosen to be close to one another during their 'down time'. This is what I walked into after my run...



They both are sleeping on the bed (which Miko never does), and notice the purple fluffy toy between them. Someone wanted to play! This is great progress.

After cleaning up, Chad and I went to Wahoo's for lunch (yes, we eat there every Saturday if we can). We also went to REI for their sale. I got a super soft Marmot fleece and stocked up on some GU (which was also on sale). Chad got a couple of things including another Camelbak bottle with a very cool design. We both liked it because it resembles the Garmin-Chipotle argyle. I also really like this picture of me with it, so I thought I'd share. Not that I'm self absorbed or anything ;).



We headed over to Rogue Equipment (where we were helped by the lovely Katie) to check out their clothes and shoes. I got a sweet new pair of shorts, a beautiful top that I'm looking forward to running in after Melissa's wedding (no tan lines in my bridesmaid dress!), and a pair of new Wave Riders. Rogue Equipment has a great selection of Nike gear right now because of the upcoming Human Race. Actually, they always seem to have a good selection of clothes and shoes...if you haven't actually shopped there, then you should.

The rest of the evening was spent resting in front of the TV watching the Olympics and preparing for our Sunday 20 miler. After a trip to the HEB to stock up on a few things and to get me some cookies, we called it a day. Yes, cookies. I needed them. Really. Well to change the subject, Chad couldn't tear himself away from the TV until after 11:00. It wasn't pretty when the alarm went off at 5:00am on Sunday.

3 comments:

dr mel said...

Sounds like a really good day. Hope you had a good run this morning. And, go ahead and wear the new top! I haven't even tried to avoid the tan lines this summer because it just seemed too impossible, so I'll have them myself. Two weeks can you believe it?!

Unknown said...

You're sweet! Glad y'all came in and so glad you got the red top!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh ...Miko and Flucie look so CUTE!
U 2 in YOUR pic!