Monday, June 23, 2008

Where in the world is Sadie?

I'm in Hollywood.

Hollywood, Florida

I have to travel twice a year to work at either sales meetings or one of our conferences, and this June has landed us in Florida. I am part of the conference team, which means I do all kinds of behind-the-scenes meeting planning and organizing before and during the conference. It also means that I get a few priviliges with the hotel. This year, I received access to the club concierge lounge. It requires a key access to get in, and since it is on the 33rd floor, has fantastic views of both the ocean and the intercoastal waterway. I have gone up to the lounge for two days in a row to enjoy a nice peaceful breakfast with a view.

Anyhow, I ran this morning. At 5:00am. Running at 5:00am in Hollywood, Florida means that you are drenched with sweat as soon as you walk outside, that you have no worries about being alone on the sidewalks because there are older retirees out walking on the boardwalk (some with canes), and that you get to enjoy the view of the Atlantic Ocean as the sun rises.

The conference has been less stressful than I anticipated (woohoo), and I have obviously had time to blog this morning. Here I am blogging away at my 'desk' in the hotel. Proof that I am not on the beach, right?

2 comments:

MW said...

can't wait to see those photos of the 33rd floor views!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful smile...you look so happy!