Monday, June 16, 2008

The Trumpet Section

Members of the McNeil HS band's 1994-1995 trumpet section who I have seen or heard news about in the past 6 months -

Jeramy Chapman - minister at our wedding
Luke Madsen - haven't seen him, but heard he was a minister, too, and had a big family
James Lavender - haven't seen him, but heard he was in a Christian band in Dallas (I swear his last name used to be spelled Lavendar, but maybe my mind is failing.)
David Thompson - see him running at the trail every now and again. He trained for the half marathon this year.
Dave Rainey - saw him in 2006 in Hawaii, saw him again at the middle school where my friend Justyne works. He is a counselor.
Richard Mann - saw him at Wahoo's a few months ago. I see him around Austin from time to time

Now the latest news about a member of the trumpet section - My friend (and maid of honor) Erin and her husband Mike just moved back to Austin from Chicago and bought a house in Brentwood. They went to their new house today to introduce themselves to their neighbors, and discover that they are going to be living next door to Rob Warren. Well, I think he now goes by Rob Grona, because he used to have it hyphenated Grona-Warren, but I don't know. Anyhow, Rob is part of that trumpet section (was an all-state trumpet player multiple years) and was my 8th grade boyfriend and crush for many years later. It is such a small world when you grow up and live in Austin.

I don't remember how many trumpet players there were in the section, but it seems like they are everywhere these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sadie ;-) mike and erin are going to be great neighbors. they painted the house purple and have been designing a really cool honeycomb door and trellice! love it. it really is a small world - discovered one of their really good friends (tino), is also a friend of mine from way back. anyways, hope all is well!

rob