Friday, June 13, 2008

National Do Not Call List

Warning - Major rant! If you are ready for a nice peaceful weekend, don't let me spoil your fun!

I have had enough! I thought I was on the 'do not call' list at one time, but apparently I wasn't. I work from home and receive so many solicitation phone calls during the day, you wouldn't believe it. Most of them are regarding 'satellite service', 'Dish Network', or from AT&T trying to get my business back. AT&T has actually called me four times in the same day. Since I have caller ID, I can usually tell when the number is a telemarketing call or not, so I have been screening them for a while now. If I miss one and actually have to talk to someone on the phone, I let them know that the number is a 'business line' and to please remove it from their list.

Lately it has gotten out of control. I get at least 10 calls a day during the day from some sort of telemarketer or computer voice. My cordless phone now runs out of battery during the day if I keep it off of the base because the phone rings so much. This afternoon, I started retaliating by waiting through the computer voice to hear if there was an option to 'press 2' to opt out.

However, the last straw was when I was listening to one computer generated phone call, and then received a call waiting from another telemarketer. Really, has it gotten to the point where I am on the phone with 2 telemarketers at once? Give me a break!

I found the national do not call list online and have now subscribed. Grrr...stop calling me!!!!

BTW...I absolutely despise those damn phone calls for Dish Network...You are not really 'in my area today', so shut the hell up and stop calling me. I don't want a dish. I will not press 1 to speak to a real person. STOP CALLING ME! Some of these recorded messages don't give you the option to opt out of their phone calls, either. I have been patient and listened through the entire message. Jerks. Don't get Dish Network. They are the worst about those damn computer voices.

hmmmmphhhh!

1 comment:

MW said...

"I will not press 1 to speak to a real person."
How about, press 1, get the human on the line, then, about 20 seconds into them answering: give me details, you fake a call on the other line, and just hang up on them gently and they'll think they're on hold... for ... a ....... very.............. long.....................................................................
...................time.

no? not funny to you to do to them?